Wednesday, September 11, 2013

9/11

Today prayers are going up everywhere in remembrance of the 9/11 attack. The police officers, firemen, military, medics,  people who became hero's that day and we'll never hear their name mentioned. Thank you!

My heart is heavy for the victim's family, the people who are forever scarred from the attack. Although I didn't know anyone personally that was killed or injured, my heart goes out to them. I will never forget that day. An ordinary day. I went to work, got my coffee, started my day. Then my co-worker comes in and says "Did you hear what happened?" I turned on the radio, started reading the reports on the internet and watching the new reports in disbelief. As I sat watching the news reporter telling of the events, in the background the 2nd plane hit.

It was a surreal moment...this isn't happening?

The building I worked in closed down for the day. People were in a panic. I remember so many people running around in fear, the feeling of sadness as I walked to my car and began driving home. I worked near the DFW airport and it was an eerie feeling as I drove past the airport and saw no planes coming or going. Even the sky seemed to have a strange orange tint to it. No on was speeding on the hwy, but had a dazed look on their faces.

I got home and watched the news and cried. I remember praying for the President, NYC, and all the people involved in rescue.

I will never forget that day nor will I ever forget how the United States pulled together  and supported each other. It didn't matter the race, creed, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or health condition. Everyone pulled together.

I won't watch any of the memorials on TV replaying the images/video's of that day. They're still fresh in my mind and I'm sure they'll remain that way.

Praying for the nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment