Sunday, May 12, 2013

I've lost my Mojo!!

Have you ever just sat and watched waves? They flow out and a few moments later they flow back in. Perfectly in rhythm and if you continue to watch it has an almost hypnotic effect on you.

I guess that's why they sell mp3/CDs of the sound. Because it's very relaxing to listen to the sound of waves.

It's this ebb and flow that I want to talk about today, because the ebb and flow can also be applied to life circumstances. That back and forth movement. Good news one moment, then bad news. Happy days, then sad days.

Currently, for me it's the ebb and flow of writing. The past few months, I've been really struggling to write. I have plenty to write about or at least in 'my mind' I have lots to write about. But sitting down and actually typing the words, there seemed to be a disconnect or a short.  

I could spend hours writing, the words just poured out and I couldn't type fast enough to keep up with the flowing words. Then *poof* it stopped. I'd sit down to write and my mind was flowing, but I couldn't type, write, doodle anything.  I'm talking about not one itty bitty sentence. The tide has ebbed.

My "Artistic Muse" decided to pack her little raggedy bags, and sneak out the house while I was asleep. Not sure where she went on this impromptu vacation, but I'm sure it was to some island, and no, she didn't invite me to go with her, AND had the nerve to turn her phone off. No word on when she would be returning, no post cards, nothing. Just gone!

I'VE LOST MY MOJO!!

I felt like Austin Powers when he'd lost his Mojo (okay, well, I know that the 'mojo' he was referring to was not writing LOL) but that's how I felt.  I'd sit down to write and nothing would happen.

I panicked, tried all the tricks to try to get it going again....nothing, notta, zilch! It was depressing and so frustrating...but yet I persevered. I'd sit down to write and wait, try to write something, which was actually, blah, blah, blah, blah, and BLAH!

Then, suddenly, one day I had a spark, a tiny spark, but it was a spark of inspiration. I wrote a couple of paragraphs, I was thrilled!! I danced around the room as my feet splashed around in a small trickle of water that began to flow in.

The next day, the water flowed in around my ankles and I splashed around some more and wrote a full page...Off in the distance I can see a wave coming in...the flow is returning and my "Artistic Muse" is riding it in on a surfboard. It's not a tsunami sized wave, but a wave nonetheless, and she is back and I couldn't be happier!

Yeah, Baby, Yeah!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment