Sunday, July 14, 2013

Cedar Hill Nature Preserve & Creativity...

I switch up exercises quit a bit :) The beginning of July, I went back to a favorite exercise--Power Walking!

I enjoy power walking and previously wrote a blog about it, which can be found here.

But I've taken it up notch. Through the week, I still power walk on a bike trail that weaves through several neighborhoods near my house. But on the weekends, I meet up with a wonderful group of ladies and hike through the Cedar Hill Nature Preserve. 

It's a very wild place and there are signs everywhere reminding you that you are in nature and may see everything that goes along with it. ie snakes....Ack!!!

The funny thing is I've not yet seen a snake while out at the nature preserve, BUT I did see one while walking through the neighborhood trail. I'm usually up and out on the bike trail around 6:15am, and I see pretty much the same group of folks walking or jogging.

This particular morning, one of my morning jogging buddies came towards me in the opposite direction & stopped. When he noticed me he waved for me to stop, I did and asked what was going on. He pointed ahead of me about 15'. There was a snake, about 3 foot long?!?!? OMG!!! It was slithering across the path, minding his own little business.  Needless to say I ran the rest of the way LOL!


Now, back to the nature preserve. What an experience! First, it's a GREAT workout. These trails go up and down some crazy hills. My lower body screamed during some of the climbs.

But, it's also very serene. A great place to go to clear your mind.
Which brings me to my next point.

My creativity has been off the charts! I think it from the power walking, which relieves stress and really gets the oxygen flowing through your body.

Also, being out at the nature preserve, it's just very calming. I've met some great women out there, had great conversation, and some good laughs!


My writing is going very well, no complaints! I've had lots of blocked moments with this book and now I'm finally on the final chapters. Yay!

My goal is to have it completed by the end of July.

 Blessings!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment