Saturday, February 25, 2012

Congested...

Have you ever been congested? Congestion is just an excessive accumulation that causes a clog.  I've been dealing with this and it's HORRIBLE.

I have allergies and they're so bad right now that I'm unable to sleep through the night. My nose is all stuffed up and I can't breathe, or "Breavfff " the way it sounds right now when I say it.  I'm so not a mouth breather, so if I can't breathe through my nose I feel like I'm suffocating! Some people...aka-snorers...don't have this problem LOL!!

Last night I was thinking about congestion, because of course I wasn't able to sleep yet again, because I was congested.  Your life can be congested.
You can have so much stuff, people, things, tasks, etc. That your life can become so congested that you will feel like you're suffocating.

Your life begins to look like this. When your suffocating you get confused, can't think straight and if you stay in this position you will die. I don't mean you will literally die, but you can become so overwhelmed with life's issues, that you just mentally shut down because you can no longer handle it. You give up on your dreams. Why, because you have too much on your plate.


Take the time today and re-prioritize the things, people, etc that are in your life. In writing you will hear the acronym KISS--Keep it simple, stupid!  Get rid of the excess stuff in your life. Stuff that's weighing you down, causing you to lose your focus on what's really important! Don't allow yourself to get 'caught up' in stupid stuff. Things that have absolutely nothing to do with you. Don't worry about what so-and-so's doing, saying, being, watching, buying. What's that got to do with you?  NOTHING!

Make it your goal today to get rid of at least 1 unnecessary item in your life.

Blessings!

3 comments:

  1. Hate to hear about your congestion! I hate to experience that too. But I love the post! I love to get rid of things. I need to pull back because more than one time have I tossed something only to find that I needed it later. Sometimes I'm a little too quick on the draw LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get better! Terrible how these things happen and we're left with ourselves to contend with the ramifications.

    Anyway :) I recently went through a reno with the house and I was cleaning out the basement to find things down there I hadn't looked at in 20 years! Man, I thought, who's ever going to look at this stuff? I chucked it. And you know what? I didn't feel bad about it either.

    I agree with you wholeheartedly, spring cleaning is right around the corner. Time to prioritized and dump the useless items in our life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Tabitha! it's not easy, but it is better to stay ahead of those wolves :)

    ReplyDelete