Saturday, January 28, 2012

Negativity...


Remember the skit from Saturday Night Live...
You're enjoying your day
Everything's going your way
Then along comes Debbie Downer.
Always there to tell you 'bout a new disease
A car accident or killer bees
You'll beg her to spare you, "Debbie, Please!"
But you can't stop Debbie Downer!

Yep, you've met this person Debbie Downer. You either work,  are related, or married this person. If it wasn't Deb, it was one of her cousins Gloomy Gus,  Negative Nelly, Whiney Will, Negative Nancy or Sarcastic Sara.
They're EVERYWHERE!! Of course they're very opinionated. No matter what you say, she always has something to say to bring you down
.
I've often wondered why people are like this. What a sad life, never being able enjoy anything. There is always something wrong, broken, sick, sad, busted, disgusted. 
  • The sun never shines. 
  • It will never happen. 
  • Don't try that.
  • That won't work.
  • Oh, my back, my neck, my foot...
  • I heard..
  • Why try?
You just wanna punch them in the throat! Okay, that's a little extreme, but if you're honest at times you'd definitely stick an old sock in their mouth to muzzle them if you could!

There will always be someone around to try and discourage you. Bring you bad news, and tell you why it will never happen. Your job is to recognize the negativity and flip the script on them. Always combat the negative with the positive, doubt with faith.

If you believe you can do something, go for it. Try it...  If you are surrounded by a debbie downer...Keep it to yourself. You can't share your goals and aspirations with everyone. I truly believe some people are here on this earth just to discourage you. They take pleasure in it.  

I love to hear about people achieving, accomplishing and going for the gusto. If you're in need of some encouragement. Send me a note. I'll send you a little sunshine. 

Blessings!


3 comments:

  1. I have to admit, I dump negative people in my life. Those are the ones you wrote about--always down, always some drama in their lives. I dump them and I don't look back. I have no patience for wasting time with non-productive folk who think the world revolves around them and the world ought to stop whenever they walk into a room.

    Sorry, but I don't need someone else's problems in my life. After all, life is much too short to waste on those who are Debbie Doubters, who, by the way, will always remain miserable whether I'm in her life or not!

    Great post! Keep up the great writing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great point! Life is too short to even deal with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have made a specific goal of being positive. Thank you, your post brightened my day1

    ReplyDelete