Sunday, March 18, 2012

Fitness...

"The higher your energy level, the more efficient your body. The more efficient your body, the better you feel and the more you will use your talent to produce outstanding results."
-Anthony Robbins


"Ultimately, the only power to which man should aspire is that which he exercises over himself."
-Elie Wiesel


It's that time of year again. It's time for me to lose a few pounds. I'm not as bad as the biggie-sized wonder woman.. But there are days when I feel like it. If you've been following my blog you already know that I have a serious weakness for Nutter Butter bars and Little Debbie Nutty bars.

This is especially true when I'm writing. There is something about the creative process that triggers my brain to want nutty bars! I've even tried keeping healthy snacks around when I'm writing, and it hinders my creativity...I know you don't believe this, but it's true! LOL!! Needless to say, I've been writing up a storm here lately, so, uh, yeah. I've gained a few pounds.

But I have decided to do something about it. I've started back on my workout program. Yep, time to sweat! Feel the burn, baby! I've done INSANITY in the past and I enjoyed it, but I'm going to change up this time around. Maybe do a combo of INSANITY and Body Pump workouts. I'm also wanting to start running again. We will see if the running actually happens LOL!!   

I tend to get bored easily with workouts. I've also tried P90x and after a while I was bored and wanted to do something else.  I have a gym membership, but I find that I work out much harder and longer at home. Besides I have a mini-gym at my house. Equipment, weights, dvd's that I've acquired over the years. I really have no excuse not to work out.

I'm finding as I get older, the easier it is to just not exercise. I really used to enjoy working out, but not so much anymore. But it's one of those necessary evils you have to do!

Are you ready to sweat!!!

6 comments:

  1. Beth, my mom was fanatic about those Nutty Bars, too!

    I'm with you on the exercise...starting back this week myself. Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to our success!! Girl, those nutty bars are so addictive!! Stay away from them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I think this is one vice that all writers have--snacking while writing. And the second one is, foregoing exercise. Because we really would rather be writing, right? Except sitting on our behinds all day while writing is not the best for us.

    Luckily for me, being pregnant means I don't have to worry about dieting...yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yayy! congrats on your pregnancy, Cherie! Please have a nutty bar for me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Beth, I'm your new follower GFC are you with Linky followers? Please stop by to visit us and join us too, I would love having you follower our blogging family! Hugs Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Beth, great post! Loved it!

    I've tagged you on my blog today! :)

    ReplyDelete