Sunday, August 5, 2012

Visions boards & sunrises...

Do you have a vision board?

By definition a vision board is poster board or cork board with a collage of images that you've gathered from magazines, pictures, or newspaper clippings. It can also have motivational quotes or sayings. The purpose of it is to surround yourself with the images of what you want to have or become until your reality matches what is on the board.

I'm not sure when it became so popular, maybe back when that book "The Secret" was so popular? It was an interesting book. I did read it. However, something about it just didn't sit well with me. It's been debated that it's new age religion stuff.  For me as I read it, I couldn't help but think that most of this stuff was taken from the bible, but the scriptures were left out. So, it wasn't really a secret after all. LOL!

I do believe in writing down your goals, visions, dreams, and desires. I hear so many people saying the "Universe" was so good to me and provided me with such and such... But, these blessings are not coming from some unknown entity in the Universe. No, the blessings are from God.

Yes, I am a Christian. Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. No, I'm not going to debate with anyone about  how the Universe is your god, your spirit guides or how in your previous life--you lived as a cat.

However, I would love to hear if you have a vision board? What sort of things do you put on it?

I have a cork board, with scriptures & faith statements on it and it's sharing space with index cards with plot lines written on them.  I have some pictures but I've not put them up yet. (the cork board is out of space LOL)


I also have a shiny new journal that I plan to write in, but I've not started that yet. I've kept a journal off and on over the years and it's always interesting when you go back and re-read what you've written years ago. One journal was filled with like 3 months of darkness. I'm not sure why everything was so depressing during that time.Nothing seemed to be coming together, everything going wrong in my life. And it seemed as though when I wrote it I didn't believe the sun was ever going to shine again. (but I guess that's how depression works on your mind)

But we know the sun will shine again, and whatever darkness you're experiencing is only for a season. Although I know it's hard to remember this when you're surrounded by darkness.

But, I'm telling you, it will get better!!! it will get better!! IT WILL GET BETTER!!


“Arise, shine, for your light has come,
    and the glory of the Lord rises upon you.  
See, darkness covers the earth
    and thick darkness is over the peoples,
but the Lord rises upon you
    and his glory appears over you." Isaiah 60:1,2"


Blessings!!

1 comment:

  1. Beth, you have no idea how much I needed the last part of this post today. Thank you!

    I don't keep an inspiration board. But my daughter does. She makes collages of fashion ideas, makeup, that sort of thing.

    And thanks for buying my book. I'm looking forward to your launch too and will definitely return the favor.

    *He (she) who refreshes others will him/herself be refreshed.*

    ReplyDelete