Monday, June 13, 2011

Dear Writer's Block

Dear Writer's Block:

      Well, here you are again! Don't you have anyone else to visit? I've been doing just fine without you and I would really like to finish writing this chapter.

      My writing has been flowing and creativity has been at an all time high. Then the doorbell rings. I was so caught up in my story that I wasn't thinking clearly, so instead of doing my usual--peeking out the window to see who it is. I opened the door. Worst mistake ever!  

      You came in and made yourself comfortable, plopping your behind right on my couch and putting your feet up on the coffee table. (which by the way was just polished) First, you wanted some water...I took it a step further, by adding a flavor packet to it, thinking, you'd drink it then leave. Next, you decided you were hungry, so I made you a sandwich--made it all pretty by cutting off the crusts just as you requested. After you finished eating, I thought for sure you were going to leave and I could continue writing. But NO--you started jabbering away. Telling me to check email, check facebook, oh, and reminding me how I've been meaning to re-organize my sock drawer.

      Could you just go away? Go on a retreat! Visit your family members, Procrastination & Time Wasters! Better yet, why don't you take them on a cruise!

       JUST GO AWAY!!! you are not welcome here!

Regards, Sincerely, Best Wishes, Yours Truly, Take Care & May The Force Be With You!

xoxoxo

Beth


Galatians 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

No comments:

Post a Comment