Saturday, June 11, 2011

Texas Heat

It's HOT outside!! Man! I'm already sick of the heat and here in Texas we're just getting started! It feels like its been 100+ outside everyday since January (okay, so I may have slightly exaggerated that fact just a wee bit)
When I first moved here 11 years ago from Ohio. I thought I'd found the glory land. My job in Ohio sent me to Dallas for a training class in Dec.

The day I left, I dressed in a big leather coat, gloves, hat  & scarf, went outside and shoveled the snow off my car and drove myself to the airport. My brother met me at the DFW airport in a t-shirt. He laughed when he saw me all bundled up and said, "you won't need that coat here."  And he was right, I was in awe when I saw people walking around with no coats on and one of the days while here I actually saw people in shorts?!?!

I went back to Ohio and told my daughter, pack it up, we're moving to Texas!!! Needless to say no one mentioned to me that while the winters may be mild, the summers can be brutal. I moved to Texas the following July...I've never felt such heat!! On the weekends I did all my shopping and everything else that needed done before 10am. After that, I was back inside for the day. Eventually, I got used to it, but there are still some days...Gah!!

The greatest evangelism should be here in Texas. Just take people outside and let them stand in the afternoon sun, and they will surly get a taste of what hell can feel like!

Blessings!!

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment