Friday, June 10, 2011

Writing

I've always had a love for books and enjoyed writing. I've always loved creating stories and have always wanted to write a book, but kept putting it off again and again. I believe it was the summer of my daughter's sophomore year in college and she was home for summer break. Sometimes in life you need someone to give you kick in the pants to get you off the procrastination wagon! And that's just what she did. That day, while sitting in Schlotzky's parking lot having lunch (they have the BEST sandwiches). I grabbed a napkin and scribbled the first two sentences of my first book.

From that point on I've not stopped. Well, I've encountered some pit stops, but I kept at it and finished not only that book but written others. I'm currently working on my fifth.

I'm a work-in-progress, still honing my craft. But I'm getting better and closer to my publishing dream with each word that I type.

Keep pressing towards your dream. Don't give up!! Silence the naysayers, finish what you've started. Even when the going gets tough and you think you've reached your breaking point. Try just one more time and if at that time you've not reached your goal.............

TRY AGAIN!!! 

Blessings!!

Ephesians 1:19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believes, according to the working of his mighty power.

No comments:

Post a Comment